• Narrow screen resolution
  • Wide screen resolution
  • Decrease font size
  • Default font size
  • Increase font size
Home International Adoptions
International Adoptions - Lawyer
Article Index
International Adoptions
Department of Homeland Security Approval
Foreign Adoption Process
Immigrant Visas
All Pages

Immigrant Visas

When the foreign adoption (or guardianship process in those countries that allow guardianship) is completed, the adoptive parent(s) can apply for an immigrant visa (IR-3 for a child adopted abroad or IR-4 for a child to be adopted in the United States ) at the appropriate U.S. consular office abroad. In addition to the notification of the approved I-600 or I-600A petition from the USCIS, the consular officer also requires specific documentation to conduct a visa interview and to approve visa issuance.