• Narrow screen resolution
  • Wide screen resolution
  • Decrease font size
  • Default font size
  • Increase font size
Home Immigration Law
Immigration Law - Southern California
Article Index
Immigration Law
Green Card
Permanent Residence - Employment
Permanent Residence through Investment
Temporary Visitor
Practice Areas
Legal Representation
All Pages

Practice Areas

Our immigration lawyers at the Law Offices of Bita Hamidi can advise and assist you in the various areas of immigration below:


If an employer wishes to sponsor a valuable worker in the United States or a skilled worker living abroad, they must first secure Alien Labor Certification for the job in question from the United States Department of Labor. We assist all types of businesses in preparing this complex application, and in finding creative solutions to find appropriate personnel, and match their company needs to those of the worker.

Whether you are looking for a skilled worker, tradesperson, or professional, we can assist your business in obtaining the proper visas and authorizations. We will work to qualify your business as a viable sponsor.

Individuals and Families

Asylum - Refugee

People with a real fear of persecution because of race, religion, nationality, membership in or identification with a particular social group, or political opinion can apply for asylum or refugee status.


You may be eligible for U.S. Citizenship if:

  • You have been a permanent resident for five years; or
  • You are the spouse of a U.S. citizen and have been a permanent resident for 3 years; or
  • Your mother or father became a U.S. citizen before your 18th birthday

At the Law Offices of Bita Hamidi , we assist clients in applying for U.S. citizenship and address the legal issues of physical presence, good moral character, age, knowledge of U.S. history and English, and disability waivers. We will always accompany you to your USCIS naturalization interview.

Permanent Resident Cards

Permanent resident cards, commonly known as green cards, entitle aliens to many benefits, including the right to live and work in the U.S. and the right to travel to and from the U.S. indefinitely. Our Attorneys will advise you about the eligibility requirements for qualifying for permanent resident status. There are many ways to establish permanent resident status, including:

  • Family-based Petitions . One of our main goals is to assist families as they try to re-unite in the U.S. If you have a qualifying family relative, such as a U.S. citizen or a legal permanent resident, you may be eligible for a green card.
  • Employment-based Petitions . Show that you have skills and qualify to fill a job, and that a specific employer is willing to sponsor you.
  • Investor Traders . You may be eligible for a green card if you are an entrepreneur interested in investing $750,000 to $1,000,000 in a new or existing business in the U.S.
  • Immigrant Lottery . Each year in October a ãdiversity lotteryä is held. If you are a selected as a winner, you may be eligible for permanent resident status.
  • Registry . If you have lived in the United States continually since 1972, you may be eligible for a green card.
  • National of Cuba or Nicaragua . If you are a national of either of these countries, you may be able to obtain a permanent resident visa.

Non-Immigrant (Temporary) Visas

At Law offices of Bita Hamidi , we can assist families and individuals in bringing friends and relatives from other countries to the United States for temporary visits. We will discuss all of the possible non-immigrant visa options with you during your consultation. Some of the options include:

  • B: Tourists and business visitors
  • F: academic student visas to attend school
  • M: vocational student visas

We may also be able to obtain a temporary visa that would allow your friend or relative to work while in the United States . These include:

  • E: treaty-traders engaged in trade or treaty-investors engaged in U.S. investment
  • H: specialty occupation workers, temporary workers, and trainees
  • J: cultural exchange program participants
  • K: fiancés of U.S. citizens
  • L: executives, managers, and workers with specialized knowledge
  • P: entertainers and athletes
  • Q: cultural exchange employees
  • R: religious workers
  • TN - A special visa category for nationals of Canada/Mexico under the North American Free Trade Agreement.